Emails have been used over an extended period as a way for businesses to stay in touch with their clients and prospects. It helps you keep them informed, you can force them to visit your website with them, take them to the online store. You can use emails also to invite them to an event you are organizing.
Some experts say that emails subscribers are considered the most loyal customers. It means they are closer to purchase more than participants from social media. These customers tend to discuss more about your services and products. For this reason, it is essential to launch an email marketing campaign that is worth your while.
The problem usually is how to select and communicate with your target audience. This requires proper knowledge, skills and enough time to set a good campaign.
Emails have their challenges, and most people experience this. One of the reasons is that emails are simply becoming less and less efficient when it comes to communication with prospects. Technologies are changing. Most people don’t even find time to open their mails inboxes.
This makes it hard for your emails to be delivered for example. You keep getting the emails you send going to the spam folder. We are going to focus on this for this article.
For every email list you have or set of contacts, there is always one or so that goes to spam folder. Every ISP have different ways of filtering spams.
If this is your problem, there is a solution for you. Keep reading.
Delivery issues are the most common problem for most email campaigns. Here are a few ways you can improve your delivery techniques.
- Get rid of contacts that are not active. Major ISPs have a way of determining wanted communications. Therefore, whenever you send emails and they keep bouncing, they are placing a negative impact on you and the ISPs will mark your mail as unwanted. The emails will be delivered to the spam box. It is therefore important that you filter your mailing list always and ensure that you only have those that mail regularly. As you remove the old ones, ensure you are always adding on new ones.
- Use good and engaging content. People don’t usually get time to read through emails; you want to make sure that when they do, they can enjoy what they are reading.
- Take another look at your subscriber’s sign-up process. Think like the subscriber while creating the foam.
- Consider sending more targeted, triggered and personalized emails. Blast campaigns can create more spams.
- Review your sending frequency. If you send too often, you are putting your subscribers at the risk of being burned out. They will mark your email as spam or unsubscribe.
- Pay special attention to the links in your email. Poor reputation domains will have you penalized. Also, use full links to the URL and avoid shortening services.
The trick for an effective email campaign is to test and change what is not working with better ones.