It is a dream of every business to create a massive mailing list. It is a great way to ensure they have leads that can someday convert and become real sales.
The problem is, creating that list is not as easy as it may sound. It takes a lot of time and needs someone who is patient. Otherwise, you may not achieve anything. The email list brings in the sale if it is done the right way.
One of the best ways to create a good list is by using a giveaway. In this article, we shall look at a few tips that can help you leverage on your giveaways. We shall use lessons from three individuals by looking directly at what they did.
This is a freelance writer and programmer. He wanted to create an email list of people who were interested in learning tips for using Sublime Text software. He wanted to run a contest to get more people on board after he had hit 5,500 subscribers.
- He used his price to attract subscribers who were highly qualified. The lesson; use your price effectively to attract qualified leads.
- He leveraged on the self-interest of other instead of on his own. He gave an additional offer for those that got others to sign up.
And that is how Josh gathered nearly 200K email addresses within 11 days.
The company released a new lollipop flavor which did not receive a lot of publicity initially. Tootsie Roll organized a giveaway that would increase brand awareness on the new lollipop. They use the following techniques:
- They hosted a landing page independent from Facebook. They wanted the entry to be completely seamless though they were targeting to engage only facebook audience. This ensured the participation of both mobile and desktop audience.
- They took the giveaway as an investment. They chose between paying to play putting in place a small advertising budget for this. The investment paid off completely the company was able to increase the promotion of their giveaway by 587%.
This is a fragrance company that was launched not long ago. They hosted a giveaway one week before valentine day to rev up sales and increase sales. The following techniques were applied.
- They measure the monetary returns of their giveaways’ efforts. They had a goal to grow email list and drive revenue which went quite well.
- They established a proper constant communication with the entrants. The team communicated with the entrants regularly via facebook and email. And they rewarded even those who did not win.
They received 3421 additional subscribers in 8 days. What one can learn from this is that a giveaway is only valuable if data is put to use.
There are no shortcuts to generating email lists. Giveaways are one of the most valuable assets you can apply to climb to the top. The trick is to invest and come up with a clear strategy.
Comments will be approved before showing up.